This nourishing medicinal mushroom-infused face cream is amust to soothe and hydrate your skin. Including both tremella and reishi, what a perfect way to infuse some tonic herb magic into your skin care routine. This recipe is all natural and we strongly suggest you use 100% organic materials to make this beautiful face cream. Check out ourSave Your Skin article for heaps more tips to keep your skin looking and feeling amazing! Recipe byPenny Benjamin
Makes roughly 1 cup
Time - about 30 mins
- 30g shea butter
- 24g jojoba oil (you can also use macadamia oil, liquid coconut oil or sweet almond oil)
- 14g vegetable-derived emulsifying wax
- 120g filtered water
- 6g potato starch (or arrowroot or tapioca)
- 1 tsp Tremella (aids the skin to hold moisture)
- 1 tsp Reishi (powerful anti-aging compounds)
- Optional: essential oils can also have an anti-aging effect, and provide a nice scent! Lavender, frankincense, tea tree and peppermint are some beautiful options)
- Melt the shea butter, jojoba oil and emulsifying wax together in a double boiler.
- Allow to cool to about 40-45 degrees celsius.
- Heat the water to about 40-45 degrees celsius (either on the stove, kettle or microwave). Basically, the oil mixture and water need to be the similar temperatures.
- Transfer the water to a measuring jug or something that will be easy to use an immersion blender in. Add the potato starch and mushrooms to the water.
- Then add the oil mixture.
- Use an immersion blender to combine the oil and water mixture, it should emulsify into a beautiful face cream.
- Transfer the face cream to a jar and place in the fridge for a day. After 24 hours, stir through any essential oils you wish to use.
- You need to store the face cream in the fridge as there is no preservative or anti-bacterial agent in there (bacteria will grow as the cream is based in water). If you wish, you can use a natural preservative and then not store in the fridge.
- Use daily as a beautiful face cream!
About the author:
Penny Benjamin is a Nutritionist, Personal Trainer, chemical engineer, nutrition & cooking educator, whole-foods recipe developer, health-foodie, content creator, social media influencer, blogger, traveller as well as a netball player and crossfitter. Her broad and unique personal and professional experience and knowledge form the core of her logical, no-fuss approach to health. Penny is passionate about using her knowledge, easy-to-follow content and influential opinion to empower others to lead healthy lives.
Let us know how you go with this one guys. It's a great gift idea ;)