For the curry:
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 4 large carrots, chopped into 1/2 inch rounds
- 2 can diced tomatoes
- 2 can chickpeas/garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup chicken stock (can substitute with vegetable stock if you prefer)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (more if you like things spicy!)
- 1 Tablespoon of Mason's mushroom mix
For the rice:
- 3-4 cups of cauliflower, riced ( if you are unable to get pre-riced cauliflower it’s easy to make your own – just grate up cauliflower either using a trusty old box grater or process in your food processor for a couple of seconds. You could also sub regular rice or quinoa if you prefer)
- Coconut oil/ghee or cooking fat of choice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Tablespoon hemp seeds - optional
Optional for serving
- A few Tablespoons of your favourite coconut or Greek style yoghurt
- Freshly chopped parsley
- Wholewheat Sourdough or a few slices of your fave bread
For the curry
Combine all ingredients in your slow cooker and cook on low for 6-8 hours or high 4-6 hours. Or you can saute onions & garlic then simmer on the stove top for 20-30 minutes until the carrots are tender.
For the rice
- Place a fry pan over medium-high heat, add coconut oil (or cooking fat of choice) and cauliflower rice and cook for 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally (do not over-stir or it will go mushy) until cooked through.
- Once your rice is cooked add salt and pepper and stir in your hemp seeds if using. Divide between your plates/bowls
- Serve your curry on a mountain of cauliflower rice with a dollop of coconut or Greek yoghurt and generous sprinkling of fresh parsley along with a few slices of your favourite bread.
Join Mason as he takes you through a fun DIY of how to make the most epic hot chocolate using your favourite medicinal mushrooms and tonic herbs.
If you're vibing adaptogens right now or looking for a way to bring them deliciously into you life, then look no further.