For thousands of years, Tremella has been used by noble men and women of the Orient as a youth-preserving tonic. This hydrating, beautifying herb is packed-full of potent antioxidants that create a radiant complexion and bring lubrication to our deep fascial tissues and vital organs. This epic recipe makes 1 nice tall, decadent, rich, creamy, dreamy, delicious, nutritious, seriously chocolatey, perfectly spiced, secretly healthy super smoothie.
- 1 teaspoon of Tremella
- 1/3 cup coconut or Greek style yogurt
- 2/3 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk (or milk of choice)
- 1/2 an overripe banana (preferably pre-frozen)
- 1 Tablespoon of cacao
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla (or 4-6 drops of vanilla cream stevia – I like to use Sweet Leaf Stevia )
- 1 teaspoon of fresh ginger, grated (or 1/4 teaspoon of dried/ground ginger)
- A pinch of cinnamon
- A pinch of salt
- 1-2 scoop of Vital proteins unflavored collagen peptides – optional
- 1/4-1/2 cup of ice – more or less to desired consistency
Optional but recommended for serving:
- Cacao nibs
- Coconut Flakes
- Dried Ginger, finely sliced
- Chia Seeds
- 1 – Place all smoothie ingredients into your and process until smooth, creamy and well combined.
- 2 – Pour into a chilled glass or mason jar then top with coconut flakes, cacao nibs dried ginger and a sprinkling of chia seeds if desired.
- You could also add in a scoop of protein powder (chocolate, vanilla or unflavoured would work really well in this recipe for an extra boost of protein if you’re into that kinda thing – do what you feel baby