Makes 1 nice tall, creamy, dreamy, subtly sweet, perfectly spiced, deliciously nourishing, anti-inflammatory banana milkshake
- 2 Tablespoons of coconut or Greek style Yogurt
- 3/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk (or milk of choice)
- 1 small overripe banana (preferably pre-frozen)
- 1 Tablespoon of cashew butter – or 2 tablespoons of raw cashews, soak in boiling water for 5-10 mins before blending if you don’t have a high powered blender.
- 1/2 teaspoon of Tremella
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla (or 2-4 drops of vanilla cream stevia – I like to use Sweet Leaf Stevia )
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground cinamon
- 1 small piece of fresh ginger (or 1/4 teaspoon of ground ginger)
- A pinch of pink salt
- 1 pinch of ground black pepper – this is important as the chemical compound in the black pepper is what helps and enables the body to absorb all of those important nutrients in the turmeric! You can’t taste the pepper, promise.
- 1 scoop of Vital proteins unflavored collagen peptides optional for an extra boost of protein and gut healing goodness
- 1/4-1/2 cup of ice – more or less to desired consistency
Optional but recommended for serving
- Coconut flakes
- Cacao nibs
- 1 – Place all smoothie ingredients into your and process until smooth, creamy and well combined.
- 2 – Pour into a chilled glass or mason jar then top with coconut flakes and spices if desired.
NOTE – You could also add in a scoop of protein powder (vanilla or unflavoured would work best in this recipe ) for an extra boost of protein if you’re into that kinda thing – do what you feel baby