Makes approx 16 – All natural, quick and easy, subtly sweet, deliciously buttery, soft and chewy, perfectly spiced, DATE FREE blondie bites – no baking required!!!
- 2 Tablespoons of Almond Butter
- 2 Tablespoons of coconut butter( or coconut oil/ghee)
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla
- 1 Tablespoon of healthy, homemade chai spice mix – more or less to taste – I like mine spicy so feel free to adjust accordingly
- 1/3 cup of almond flour
- 1 Tablespoon of coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon of Tremella
- 1 teaspoon of Jing
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 Tablespoon of almond milk (or milk of choice)
For a sweeter blondie – add 1 teaspoon of honey or maple syrup
Optional add-ins ;
- 1 teaspoon of maca – for hormone balance
- 1-2 scoops of collagen - for an extra boost of protein and gut healing goodness – omit if vegan (or sub marine collage if pescatarian)
- 1 scp protein powder – for extra protein – I use Proganics Vanilla whey – you can use EMS10 to get 10% off
For the “optional” Dark Chocolate Espresso Ganache –
- 1/2 cup (solid) coconut cream – to get this I opened a can of coconut cream and let it sit, uncovered, in the fridge overnight then scooped the solid creamy portion from the top (use the liquid in smoothies or just drink it) – you can skip this step and scoop the cream straight from the can but I find it’s more luscious and creamy if you chill it over night first – either way it’s delicious.
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1 teaspoon of Masons Mushroom Mix
- 1/2-1 teaspoon of espresso – depending on how strong you like it
- 1 pinch of salt
Step 1 – the night before – Open a can of coconut cream and let it sit, uncovered, in the fridge overnight this will allow the cream to separate from the water. When you’re ready to go scoop the solid creamy portion from the top (use the liquid in smoothies or just drink it or freeze into ice cubes for later use)
2 – Line a mini cupcake tray with paper cases and set aside (or you could line a mini loaf pan or baking dish if you prefer)
3 – Place all blondie ingredients into a bowl and stir to combine.
4 – Press approx 1 heaping Tablespoon of blondie mix into each cupcake case, use a spoon (or just your fingers) to firmly press it down so it’s nice and flat – or you can press it in to a loaf pan/baking dish then slice and serve.
4 – Pop it into the fridge for 20 mins (or freezer for 5) until firm.
For the ganache –
1 – Melt chocolate by your preferred method – I like to do mine on the stove, double broiler style but a microwave will work just fine too.
2 – Add espresso, vanilla, Mason Mix, salt & stir to combine.
3 – Add the coconut cream to your espresso infused chocolate and stir until well combined.
4 – To serve – spread your blondie bites with ganache sprinkle with sea salt & an extra dusting of chai if desired.
Note – this bites are best kept refrigerated and served chilled. They will keep well refrigerated for 7-10 days ,although I highly doubt it will last that long, and can be frozen for 3-6 months.