We all love a good banana bread recipe, what better way that to get rid of those over ripe bananas! But have you ever tried banana bread which are laced with medicinal mushrooms?
and it's gluten free, dairy free, refined sugar free, vegan option, keto, paleo
- 1 tsp Tremella
- 1 tsp Mason's Mushrooms
- 2 over ripe bananas
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup peanut butter (or nut / seed butter of choice) + extra for swirling
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tbs maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup cacao
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 2-4 tbs of roughly chopped dark chocolate 9optional, but not really)
- Pre-heat oven to 175’C/350/F.
- Grease/line a loaf pan and set aside.
- Place all ingredients into your food processor or blender and process until smooth and well combined. You could also just mash/stir in a bowl if you prefer
- Pour into your prepared loaf pan
- Swirl with 1 extra teaspoon of peanut butter
- Bake for 30-40 minutes until a tooth pick has just a few moist crumbs attached when inserted into the centre.
- Slice and devour.
* Keto / low carb lovin’ friends and those of you who have trouble digesting bananas: soak / ferment your bananas in coconut water keifr or kombucha overnight and you should be go to go, read more about how/why it works here
* Vegan friends: sub flax/chia egg or your fave egg placers
Get your hands on SuperFeast Tremella and Mason's Mushrooms below!