Makes approximately 8 slices of subtly sweet, deliciously nutty, secretly healthy, seriously addicting salted caramel slice.
For the base
- 1/4 cup of raw almonds
- 1/4 cup of raw cashews
- 1 Tablespoon of hemp seeds – optional
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1 teaspoon of tremella
- 1 tsp of water
- 1 pinch of cinnamon (I used my trusty ol’ 1/8th tsp)
- 1 pinch of salt
For the filling
- 1/2 cup of almond butter
- 2 Tablespoons of coconut butter/oil
- 1 Tablespoon of maple syrup
- 1 Tablespoon of vanilla
- 1 teaspoon of tremella
- 1 teaspoon of reishi
- 1/4 teaspoon of flaky sea salt – omit if using salted almond butter
Optional add-ins ;
- 1 teaspoon of maca – an extra touch of sweetness and hormone balance
- 1-2 scoops of collagen – for protein and gut healing goodness
For the topping
- 1/4 cup of dark chocolate
- 1 Tablespoon of coconut oil – optional
- Flaky sea salt
- Optional – lightly toast cashews and almonds – either on a lined baking tray at 175’C/350’F for 5-10 mins or just throw them into a dry fry-pan/skillet (make sure you toss them around occasionally so they don’t catch and burn on one side) until lightly golden and deliciously fragrant.
- Place almonds and cashews into your food processor or blender and process until they break down into a fine, sandy looking crumb.
- Add hemp seeds, if using, along with your vanilla, water, cinnamon and salt and process again until a sticky “dough” forms.
- Press base mixture into a lined loaf pan then pop it into the freezer while you make your filling. Note – I have a little 13x8cm pan and it was the perfect size) – or, if you don’t want to have to bother with cutting your slice you could just spoon it into little chocolate moulds or even line a mini muffin tin with paper cupcake cakes – either will work just fine.
- Place all filling ingredients into your food processor /blender and process until deliciously creamy and well combined.
- Spoon/pour/spread salted caramel filling onto your base and pop it back into the freezer to set while you make you dark and delicious chocolate topping.
- Melt chocolate and coconut butter/oil by your preferred method – I like to do mine over the stove, double broiler style.
- Once your chocolate topping is melted, pour over salted caramel/base, sprinkle with sea salt and return the the freezer for 20-30 minutes to set.
- Slice – Devour – Enjoy xo
Note – this slice definitely needs to be kept refrigerated (I like to keep and eat mine straight from the freezer) but will keep well refrigerated for 7-10days ,although I highly doubt it will last thatlong, and can be frozen for 3-6 months.