Makes 9 tiny but mighty, decadent, rich, deliciously indulgent, seriously chocolaty, super fudgey, secretly healthy, chocolate brownies.
- 1 cup mashed sweet potato – I used 1 medium – keto friends feel free to sub 1/2 sweet potato/1/2 avocado
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 1 egg – vegan friends sub a flax/chia egg or your fave egg replacer
- 1/4 cup cacao
- 1 Tablespoon of vanilla extract
- 3-4 Tablespoons of monk fruit sweetener (sub 1/4-1/2 cup of coconut sugar)
- 1 teaspoon of instant espresso – optional this really helps enhance the richness of the chocolate
- 1 teaspoon of tremella
- 1 teaspoon of jing
- 2 Tablespoons of filtered water
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2-4 Tablespoons of your fave dark chocolate chopped – optional (but not really )
Optional add in’s;
- 2-4 scoops of Vital proteins unflavored collagen peptides – Optional for gut healing goodness – vegan friends omit
- 2 teaspoons of maca – for hormone balance
- Pre-heat oven to 175’C/350’F
- Grease a small square baking dish with coconut oil/ghee or baking/parchment paper and set aside.
- Place all ingredients apart from chocolate , if using, into your food processor or blender and process until smooth, creamy & well combined. If your batter is a little thick, add a splash or two of almond milk (or milk of choice) 1 Tbsp at a time to reach a smoother consistency.
- Pour into your prepared baking dish and bake for 12-15 minutes until the edges are set and a toothpick has just a few moist crumbs attached when inserted into the centre. DO NOT OVER BAKE!!!
- Cool – slice – devour!
For best results allow to cool completely before serving. I prefer mine chilled.