Tremella’s abundant antioxidant profile assists the removal of free radicals from the body, those known to cause inflammation and cell damage. Tremella’s antioxidant levels are also believed to enhance the body’s own antioxidant production, especially superoxide dismutase, the ultimate free radical scavenger!
This recipe makes approx 2 cups of All natural, quick and easy, subtly sweet, deliciously nutty, seriously, creamy, lightly salted, vanilla spiked, hazelnut-almond butter.
P.s it's Vegan, Dairy Free, Sugar Free, Keto & Paleo Friendly
- Preheat your oven to 175'C (350'F)
- Line a large baking sheet with baking/parchment paper (or a non stick silpat mat) and pour your almonds and hazelnuts on, making sure they are spread evenly - aka not crowded.
- Roast your nuts for 10 minutes, until lightly roasted and slightly golden.If you are unable to get skinless hazelnuts simply roast them on a separate tray and once they are roasted, place on a clean dry hand towel and fold it in half. Rub it gently between your hands and the skins should come loose. Once the hazelnuts have shed their skins, discard the skins and proceed with the recipe as normal.
- Pour your roasted almonds and hazelnuts into the bowl of your food processor or blender and process until smooth and creamy (or your desired consistency). Initially the almonds would grind down into a powder, give it a minute or two and the oils will extract and it will become deliciously, thick, rich and creamy. You may need to stop and scrape down the sides of the bowl occasionally.
- Once you have blended to your desired consistency, add your salt, Tremella & vanilla then process until combined.
- Taste and adjust seasoning accordingly - add a little extra salt or more vanilla (or stevia) if you feel the need and if you prefer a thinner consistency feel free to add a drizzle of coconut oil to thin it out.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge. It should keep well for up to 2 weeks - if it lasts that long! (← seriously, good luck with that ;) )