SuperFeast’s COVID-19 Plan
We know that it’s “a time” - we’re all feeling it, it’s weird and uncomfortable and scary. But there are small, controllable things we can do and this is what we are doing as a collective during this time of COVID-19 infection. Health is our focus, always. Our standards are always very high, but we figured it’s as good a time as any to ramp them up.
- We have the least amount of bodies in our warehouse possible. We are fortunate to have a HUGE warehouse, which means our team can spread out and ‘social distance’ at work. Each person has their own stations, and any shared workspaces (e.g. where the computers are) are being sanitised frequently. We are accepting no visitors to the warehouse who are not employees of SuperFeast, and couriers are being asked to deliver and pick up from outside our warehouse doors, so there is no contact with the drivers. We are, sadly, no longer hiring casuals to ensure we don’t accidentally expose our team to the virus. The rest of our team are permanent part-time or full-time employees.
- Those that are physically working in the warehouse have ramped up the next-level hygiene practices. The entire warehouse was disinfected this week, our cleaners continue to keep our space sparkling and our daily cleaning practices have been doubled. We have two Clean Team managers who have implemented the ‘upon entry sanitation station’ as well as extra signage detailing systems and procedures for every place where multiple people use the same facility (e.g. toilets, fridge doors, toaster, sink etc) - disinfectant is provided and staff are wiping down these items after each use. Staff are using their own utensils to avoid accidentally sharing mugs etc and face masks have been generously provided by our Chinese colleagues. Thanks, guys!
- The team is practicing strict distance rules outside of work. They are isolating in their homes with their families when not working.
- Our entire admin/marketing crew are all working from home. We are grateful for Slack and Zoom for keeping us connected during this time.
- We have a strict paid ‘stay home’ policy in case there is even the slightest chance any of our team are ill. If the worst should happen, and one of our warehouse team does get ill, we will isolate the entire warehouse team and swap them out with our admin/marketing team who will send your herbs! :)
- We have (for now), cancelled any returns on our products. Normally we are happy to accept returns but due to contamination risk, we are no longer accepting returns as of Monday, March 30, 2020.
- We have created a channel called ‘#memelord’ on Slack, our internal communications app to keep us all light-hearted and chuckling through this time. We invite you all to remember that even on the worst days, many people are sharing your struggle and you are not alone.
This is brand new, uncharted territory for all of us, so we once again, thank you for your patience as we work through these changes.
Here is a list of resources you may find helpful during this time:
Part 1 Blog: Our Stance On Immunity
Part 2 Blog: Tips to Bolster Your Immunity
Part 3 Blog: Words of Reassurance and Warehouse Updates
Microbes and Viruses Podcast with Jimi Wollumbin
The Phases of Covid-19 Invasion Podcast with Jimi Wollumbin
Love, Tahnee and Mason