Today Tahnee chats to Susun Weed (often misspelt Susan Weed), the grandmother of herbs. Susun is a true wise, wild elder, a wonderful story-teller and exposes women to ideas outside of the mainstream. Susun attended the School of Life, and is passionate about everything to do with women, health and herbs. Tahnee and Susun discuss standing in your power regarding your reproductive rights, feminism versus being female and how there are no guarantees in life - we just have to do the best that we can. The ladies chat about empowering women to get back to their intuitive wisdom, via the ancient botanical system. You guys are going to love this one!
Tahnee and Susan discuss:
- How Susun makes herbal infusions.
- Phytoestrogens versus phytosterols.
- How potent nettle can be for women.
- How all minerals are not created equal.
- The true history of blue for boys, pink for girls (who knew?!)
- How comfrey can help prevent pregnancy stretch marks.
- Bio-individuality means herbs can have different effects on us.
- How standardisation of herbs is detrimental to the botanicals properties.
- Mammograms and how they may not be the best measure for breast cancer.
- Susun's view on lying to your health care practitioner about your last moon cycle, to ensure your unborn baby is not induced!
Who is Susun Weed?
Susun S. Weed, a green witch and wise woman, is an extraordinary teacher with a joyous spirit, a powerful presence, and an encyclopedic knowledge of herbs and health. She is the voice of the Wise Woman Way, where common weeds, simple ceremony, and compassionate listening support and nourish health/wholeness/holiness. She has opened hearts to the magic and medicine of the green nations for five decades. Ms. Weed's five herbal medicine books focus on women's health topics including menopause, childbearing, and breast health. Visit her site www.susunweed.com for information on her workshops, apprenticeships, correspondence courses and more! Go to: www.wisewomanmentor.com for Susun’s free herbal ezine and also mentorship offerings for those who want to go deeper.
Q: How Can I Support The SuperFeast Podcast?