Today, Sage Dammers (tonic herbalist and master chocolatier) and Mason cover everything you need to know about the newest addition to the SuperFeast apothecary, ashwagandha! The guys dive deep into the lore and traditions behind this Ayurvedic herb. The countless benefits of this calming adaptogen range from dialling down the stress response, nourishing the nervous system, balancing hormones and providing reproductive system support. And plenty more. A botanical which is an aphrodisiac, that's not overly stimulating, that is also a nervine?! What! A! Herb!
"Ashwagandha really is the herb for modern times" - Sage Dammers
- Helps to balance blood sugar.
- Provides the sexual energy and vigour of a horse.
- Small doses are incredibly effective, more is not always better.
- Traditionally a 'muscle, marrow and semen' builder and supporter.
- Regrows damaged synapses in the brain from heavy metal toxicity.
- Also a powerful fertility enhancer for women via balancing of hormones.
- The ultimate rejuvenating herb for the elderly, kids and everyone in between.
- Up to 15 clinical applications have been thoroughly researched for Ashwagandha.
- Stimulates blood production in the body, may be good for vegetarians / vegans who need blood building support.
- Need to build blood? Try SuperFeast Deer Antler and SuperFeast Ashwagandha.
- Slightly heating and drying herb and helps to move water Qi by supporting spleen function.
- A cortisol-dependant state can be positively balanced by Ashwagandha.
- When starting with ashwagandha, if you are in a rebuilding stage, give it time to rebuild. Then the rejuvenating effect will kick in.
- Positive effect on male fertility via the decrease in stress and increase in adaptability (results in healthier sperm and hormone levels).
Who is Sage Dammers?
Fueled by a passionate desire to help people live the ultimate life and create a better world, Sage studied raw and superfood nutrition and traditional herbal systems, especially Taoist tonic herbalism. He has worked with and trained under the world’s leading master herbalists and nutrition and longevity experts in Costa Rica, Australia, Bali, China, and America.
Sage has developed products internationally and given lectures on peak performance nutrition in Australia, Bali, America, and France. His years of experience in this unique arena have allowed him to cultivate an unparalleled combination of cutting edge nutritional and culinary expertise. Sage has started tonic elixir bars in 5 star luxury hotels in Paris and Sydney serving longevity elixirs disguised as gourmet treats, introducing the novel concept of healthy indulgences to the market of world travelers.
Q: How Can I Support The SuperFeast Podcast?
Check Out The Transcript Here: