Click The Links Below To Listen Now
In today's eco-minded episode, Mason is joined by designer and inventor Andrew Hayim de Vries. Are you interested in the environment? Are you an eco-warrior? Or maybe you've cottoned on that we only have one earth and she is in a spot of bother ;P - well today's episode is for you. Andrew shares his absolute passion for the environment and in particular, his passion for all things composting. Want to help create a synergy of life force, by redirecting a significant waste stream? Then get involved in composting. Andrew has been developing the below-ground composting solution - the Subpod™. The guys talk about composting and how you can make sure your home or business system is good for the environment. And do you know how much food waste we have globally? Andrew will shock you!
**SuperFeast HQ's works with Andrew weekly for our community composting system
Mason and Andrew discuss:
- Food wastage is real.
- What makes an effective composting system.
- How the current status of landfill faces several key issues.
- Imagine buying food based on nutritional value, NOT on weight.
- Above ground systems (in warm climates) are NOT a good solution.
- The village / community mentality creates engagement and accessibility.
- How can we view the food waste situation and improve the current landscape?
- Soil degradation and monocultures provide considerable challenges for soil integrity.
- Businesses have an ethical responsibility to educate and lead the way in environmental practices.
Who Is Andrew Hayim De Vries?
Andrew Hayim De Vries, is an ecologically-focused Australian artist and designer, with a host of professional works spanning 35+ years. He is driven by a passion for recycling and up-cycling, composting and permaculture, the future health of the environment and education! Andrew is based in Byron Bay, where his focus is on establishing an interactive compost education facility, titled Compost Central, which introduces the necessity of composting on-location. Andrew's Subpod™, after successful trials and prototypes in many locations in Byron Bay and in an eco-resort in Sri Lanka, Subpod™ is now ready for manufacture, to make it available for purchase and installation globally.