Mason Taylor and Tahnee McCrossin, our lord and lady of SuperFeast, are back at it on the pod today, waxing lyrical on the juicy wonders of schisandra (schisandra) berry. Our dynamic duo explore schisandra's adaptive qualities, the herbal lore surrounding its historical use, its potency as a Liver and sexual tonic and so much more! Tune in for the full download.
"If you want to be initiating into tonic herbalism long term we get out of, "I've got a symptom, I take tonic herb to solve it," but rather we're trying to bring a smooth flow of Qi through all of our organs”
- Mason Taylor
Tahnee and Mason discuss:
- Schisandra and menopause.
- The adaptogenic qualities of Schisandra.
- Schisandra; breast feeding and pregnancy.
- How harmonising your Liver Qi can aid sleep.
- Schisandra / Schisandra as the five flavour fruit.
- Schisandra's actions on the Liver, Lung and Kidney channels.
- Schisandra as a potent sexual tonic for both men and women.
- Expressing reverence for the tonic herbs you are consuming and appreciating the lineage you get to be apart of by doing so.
Who are Mason Taylor and Tahnee McCrossin?
Mason Taylor: Mason’s energy and intent for a long and happy life is infectious. A health educator at heart, he continues to pioneer the way for potent health and a robust personal practice. An avid sharer, connector, inspirer and philosophiser, Mason wakes up with a smile on his face, knowing that tonic herbs are changing lives. Mason is also the SuperFeast founder, daddy to Aiya and partner to Tahnee (General Manager at SuperFeast).
Tahnee McCrossin: Tahnee is a self proclaimed nerd, with a love of the human body, it’s language and its stories. A cup of tonic tea and a human interaction with Tahnee is a gift! A beautiful Yin Yoga teacher and Chi Ne Tsang practitioner, Tahnee loves going head first into the realms of tradition, yogic philosophy, the organ systems, herbalism and hard-hitting research. Tahnee is the General Manager at SuperFeast, mumma to reishi-baby Aiya and partner to Mason (founder of SuperFeast).
Q: How Can I Support The SuperFeast Podcast?