Click The Links Below To Listen Now
How hot is hemp (marijuana for our American friends)? Is there anything this magical plant can't do??? Today Mason and founder of Hemple - Cade Turland - talk about the biological hard-wiring we humans have towards receiving the magical properties of hemp. In particular, it is the fat profile of hemp, that make this very nurturing plant so health-promoting. The guys end up in esoteric discussions, reflecting on life truths and how to live a life based on integrity and authenticity. It's no wonder that the pharmaceutical industry is heavily investing in hemp research, it being a hugely sustainable botanical. Cade talks about the 120 cannabinoids and their interaction with the bodily receptors. This one you won't want to miss!
The Guys Discuss:
- Is the grandfather of cannabinoids, CBG, the new and improved CBD?
- The slightly nutty flavour profile of the hemp protein and hemp seeds, means it can contribute to ANY dish.
- Humans have an endocannabinoid system, a biological system perfectly aligned to receiving cannabinoids.
- With 25% of your daily zinc requirements, hemp protein is potent for hormonal health and a robust immune system.
- Hemp has phytoremediation properties - it detoxifies the soil, it pulls radiation and toxins (like pesticides) from the soil.
- Hemp seed (oil in particular) can really improve skin issues like eczema, as it essentially turns down the inflammatory response.
- The essential fatty acid (lipid) profile of hemp is outstanding, the ratio is the perfect Omega 3 to Omega 6 1:3.
Who is Cade Turland?
Food is in Cade Turland’s, blood. With a dairy farming background, growing up in Bowral NSW, Cade and his foodie family have always appreciated seasonal food and the farms on which it’s grown. Cade developed an interest in hemp, seeing an opportunity to introduce Australians to the versatile superfood, with a host of health benefits including highly bioavailable edestin protein, plus a positive environmental profile. Cade is the founder of Hemple.