We've got a ripper of a new recipe fo you today guys, filmed at the local SuperFeast outdoors kitchen ;P
Public service announcement: we never want to see a miso out there, without your medicinal mushrooms thrown in!! They are *made* for miso.
It's winter here in Australia, so we're loving our warm, nourishing curries, soups, stews and, of course, our good friend, miso. This miso is super easy, I mean, making miso is pretty simple! But we've added our fave mushie of the month, our wild chaga mushroom to take it next level. Our chaga is harvested off wild birch trees, this stuff is potent.
This delicious and quick meal with feed your unique, indigenous gut bacterias, fill you up with both probiotics and prebiotics. Jam-packed full with beta glucans and epic immune-boosting constituents, this warming elixir is perfect to help ward of colds and it feels like a nice, big hug if you are feeling a little depleted.
Let's get going:
- Big dollop of miso (don't skimp on miso, get the good stuff. We lurve Byron Bay miso)
- 1/2tsp Chaga (or any medicinal mushie you like)
- 1cup of hot broth or stock (homemade is our fave, try veg, beef, chicken)
- Fresh herbs (optional! Experiment: try rosemary, oregano, parsley, coriander)
1. Add your miso to your cup / bowl
2. Add your shallots and fresh (or dry herbs)
3. Add y our medicinal mushrooms
4. Add your hot (not boiling) stock / broth, stir well and be taken straight to chaga miso heaven
Want to read more about chaga and the absolute powerhouse that it is? Check out The Amazing Benefits of Chaga :)
PS here is the documentary Mason mentions, Juliette of the Herbs